Monday, April 29, 2013

Rexburg



Dear family & friends,

So much to say, so little time.

I'll start off with a BIG congratulations to Amber and Harper!!!!  You both look beautiful, and I'm proud to be a three-time auntie!  And I'll follow up with a BIG congratulations to Danielle!!!  Happy BYU graduation!!!!  You smartiepants, you.

REXBURG!  We cover half of BYU-I campus (another set of Sisters cover the other half), and we cover the Rexburg South stake which includes six wards.  Lots of great work going on here!  Lots of investigators on campus and lots of less-active work in the stake.  All wonderful!  And we're celebrities on campus.  I've never been this popular in my life.

To be honest, the two and a half days of this new transfer were a pretty hard transition.  Sister Rye and I were both pretty stressed out about Sister Training Leader responsibilities, and it was kind of hard to adjust to each other as companions.  BUT!  Through the wonderful principle of compromise, we have since become united as a companionship, and we're having a great time together!  For a few days, I'll be honest, I was thinking how nice it would be to go home, and that was really humbling.  But I'm so grateful for humbling trials.  I have a deeper appreciation for the help the Lord has given me in getting through not only hard times on my mission, but hard times throughout my whole life!  I have a deeper love and respect for my Savior, and I've come to apply the Atonement more in my life to change and improve myself.

We are currently teaching four non-members: three on campus, one off.  Welecele, from Tanzania, Celene, So, from South Korea, and Kamryn, a cute 11 year-old in our family stake.  They're all wonderful, and they all have their challenges, but as the Spirit works on them and their families, all will be right in the end. 

So this week, read Alma 38:5  http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/38?lang=eng and insert your name in the scripture.  Then read Doctrine and Covenants 50:41-42. http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/50?lang=eng  SO good.  And I'm still waiting on copies of the Book of Mormon with your testimonies written in it!

I love you all so much.  You all have been such a support and blessing in my life! The Church is true!! I know it.

Love Sister Jacobson

 
Pics: 

1. Look at all this NOTHING!

2. Preaching to the potatoes

3. Beautiful view of.... nothing

4. On top of a potato cellar

5. Going all Samuel the Lamanite on top of said potato cellar.  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment