Monday, April 1, 2013

This week has been crazy!!

Dear family & friends,

Thank you so much for the Easter package!!  We're going to have sooo much fun with those Nerf guns.  I shot Sister Kuhns right after I opened mine and it gave her a welt...  but she still loves me, so it's ok.

And oh my gracious, we've had glorious weather here this week!  Upper 50's to low 60's and bright sunshine!  I think I'm getting a better tan here than I would have back home at this time!  Idaho...  Who knew?

Quick note: the members here spoil us!  We've had so many people bring things by, buy things for us, give us lots of love!

This week has been crazy!!  We've had tons of meetings and events and such, so we didn't have a lot of time in our area, but the meetings will help us be more effective missionaries, and we still got some work done.

 We have a new investigator!!!  His name is Corbin, and he's 9 years old.  His parents are coming back to church more and more frequently, and he really wants to be baptized!  He is such a sweetheart.  We did a cool object lesson on the Restoration, and he seemed to really like it, and then he came to church yesterday!  He's just so great.

Liz is awesome.  Still working with her on that smoking habit, and she's working hard too!  That's where miracles happen--after hard work!  On both ends.

Teva is awesome, too.  He comes to us with questions and concerns not only about the Church, but about life in general.  He's just such a great guy!

We went to a funeral on friday following the tragic death of a woman in one of our wards. The service was absolutely beautiful.  The speakers all talked about the Atonement, how all hurts can be healed through Christ, how all things will be made right.  It made me really ponder all the miracles the Savior's Atonement has wrought in my life.  All the times when I've felt the most pain, the most darkness, the most alone, He has lifted me up higher.  Each heartache, each sin, each burden has been lifted off of my shoulders when I repent and when I cry out for comfort.  The Atonement is real.  I have felt it work in my life, and it's a feeling I can never deny.

And how sweet (at least as sweet as a funeral can be) that it was so close to Easter--the day we set aside to celebrate Christ's Atonement!  By the way, you did watch those videos, didn't you?  You'd best keep your commitments!  Anyway, Easter day, we went to two ward sacrament meetings which both held lovely talks on the life, suffering, death, and Resurrection of the Savior, which also caused me to think more on the Atonement's workings in my life.  I truly would not be the same person without Christ's loving sacrifice.  I need Him every hour of every day, and I know that through Him, we can overcome all our trials and weaknesses.

On that note, read Philipians 4:13.  And then read Alma 7:11-12

I love you all so much.  But, more importantly the Lord loves you.  And I love the Lord.
                                                      Love, Sister Jacobson
              
                                          Team Ups with a Young Woman from Idaho Falls


No comments:

Post a Comment