Monday, April 22, 2013

1st Transfer!

Hey, family!


So.  Transfers.  It sounds like you already heard a little bit about it, but I'll elaborate:

I'm going to Rexburg!  BYU-I!!  Wooo!!  And I've been chosen to be a Sister Training Leader, along with my new companion, Sister Rye, who was in my MTC district!!  I'm so excited to serve with her!!

Our main job as a Sister Training Leader is to look for the welfare of the Sisters (who knew?).  We conduct companion exchanges with each companionship we're assigned to (so it'll average about one exchange per week).  Actually, our job is kind of like that of Zone Leaders, but just with the Sisters.  There are six Sister Training Leaders assigned, and Sister Kuhns is one of them!  To be honest, I don't feel adequate.  I don't feel like I know enough, and I don't feel like I'm going to be a good enough leader as I am right now.  I've only been out 3 months, and I'm still just a teenager.  But if the Lord has willed it, I know I can do it.  He qualifies those He calls, and I know that as I strive to be my best and work my hardest, everything will be made right.  Just.... gosh....

Speaking of hard things, congratulations to BYU friends and family who made it out of finals alive!!   Or at least mostly alive.  There's a difference between being "alive" and being "mostly alive."  (Princess Bride, anyone?)
 

Other than that, been doing the same stuff as last week!  Working hard, studying hard, praying hard, and loving hard.  I just love this.  Lots of spiritual lessons, lots of going to bed exhausted, and lots of trying to make myself better for this upcoming transfer.

Picture explanations: Teva is the brown one.  Cody is the one in the wheelchair.  Ian, the one with the huge crush on me, is the tallest of the blonde boys.  (Seriously, gents, watch your back!)  And Corbin's family has this cool scooter thing that Sister Kuhns and I tried out!  In our skirts, with backpacks on.  No big deal.

 
I love you all so much!  This week, read Mosiah 24:13-14. http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/24?lang=eng   It's amazing!

Love, 

Sister Jacobson



 

No comments:

Post a Comment