Monday, April 8, 2013

They didn't revoke the age change!!


They didn't revoke the age change and tell us all to go home.  I'm safe!

And shoutout to all my Women's and Men's Choir buds!  Incredible job!  Aaaand shoutout to my folk dancers!!  Elaine S. Dalton... what a gal!

Absolutely amazing!!  I feel like it was particularly amazing this round, but also, with being on a mission, so many more things stuck out to me than what would have if I wasn't here.  Every talk felt like a personal conversation with me on what I need to do better (which is a whole heck of a lot), but also things that I'm doing well.  I especially loved when Elder Holland counseled us all to lead with our faith, to keep the ground we've already won.  Yes, there's a lot I need to improve on, but looking back, I've come a long way.  I know that my weaknesses won't become strengths immediately, but through God's strength and lots of patience with myself, I can overcome my shortcomings.  And just like Elder Holland said: "If you find your faith tested at this present time, lean on mine."  I know that this Gospel is true.  My desire to believe grew to belief, and my belief has grown to knowledge.  I know it's true.  

Elaine S. Dalton, Elder Bednar, L. Whitney Clayton, Russel M. Nelson, President Uchtdorf, Rosemary M. Wixom.... I could keep going on.  They were just ALL so solid!  I'm going to re-read all the talks as soon as I can.  I noticed a big theme over all of Conference was marriage and family. One of my questions going into this weekend for the apostles and prophet to answer was, "How can I prepare to be a better mother and wife?"  Funny how the Spirit works.  And even though it's going to be at least a year and a half before I pursue that course, I learned so much about marriage and family life that I want to apply.  I also noticed how much you've already applied, Mom and Dad.  Thank you for being such amazing examples to me of what a healthy, happy marriage can be like.  Thank you for being such amazing examples of setting clear rules, enforcing them, but being flexible and understanding.  Thank you for being patient with me in all my ridiculousness (f'real). And above all, thank you for being amazing examples of faithful disciples of Christ.  Your faith and your raising us up in the light of the Gospel has made all the difference in my life that I could ever hope for.  People have asked how I'm so happy all the time.  It's because of my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and you brought me up that way.

On a different note, we did a service project earlier this week cleaning up a canal, and we found a car muffler, a bird wing, a rusty knife, some bones, and 12 bottles of peppermint Schnapp's!  We called it the "treasure hunt" instead of the "canal cleanup."

For this week, just think of something you want to improve in yourself.  Then read as many Conference talks as you can.  Your questions WILL be answered.  As a representative of Jesus Christ, I promise you the Holy Ghost and the words of the apostles will work in conjunction to offer you revelation, if your heart is receptive to it  .http://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

I love you.  The Lord loves you.  The Book of Mormon is true.  Read it daily!  It will bring you closer to Christ, and, according to Richard G. Scott (my home boy), a Christ-centered home is a happy home.  Truth.

--Sister Jacobson

P.s. Did you know that "vermouth" is alcohol??  I thought it meant "smooth!"  I think I'll take that out of my vocabulary...

 
P.p.s.  Explanation on the last two pictures: one of the members here has chickens and gives us huuuge eggs!  And I think this was the first time I've ever held a chicken!  Pretty life-changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment