Monday, June 30, 2014

Blow Something Up For Me!

Hey, family& friends!



This is probably going to be short.  Due to our full day P-day on the 4th of July, today is just 2 hours, so we've been running around like crazy to get things done.  Sorry also to anyone I would normally email today as well who's reading this.  I'll repent next week.  

Austin's baptism was so great!  Tons of people came, and it was so sweet to see his brother, Harley, (the one who got baptized our first week in this area), do the baptizing!  Their mom was there, too, and she was so happy, she was in tears!  One of the sweetest baptisms I think I've ever been to.

As far as other things go, not a whole lot happened this week.  We looked at each other last night, wondering where the miracles and new investigators and things had gone, but then we realized that we were letting ourselves get a little lax on the missionary schedule.  We weren't being grossly disobedient--just a few minutes late here and there to things-- but every single minute counts, especially in missionary work, and ESPECIALLY in these hastening times!  I'm grateful for a gentle chastening from our Father in Heaven to remind me of exact obedience before we go too far astray.  There's just NO time to waste!

Hope you all have a great 4th of July week!  Blow something up for me!  Go America!

Love,
Sister Jacobson

*She didn't send the 4th picture she described but her description is so Katie we left it in! Hopefully we'll get that picture next week! Stay tuned!
Pics:
1. He-Man Croquet: sledge hammers, bowling balls, metal bar tunnel things.  SO fun.
2. Sister Fredrick and President Brinkerhoff.  It was close, but he won!  That's what we get for challenging God's anointed...
3. Austin's on the left, Harley's on the right!
 
4. This guy was the voice of Nephi for the Hill Cumorah Pageant!!  I had him say, "In the name of Almighty God, I command you TOUCH ME NOT!"  It sounded 25 years older and deeper, but I was still tickleder than a 5 year-old's Elmo doll.  Made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment