Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July fun in Pocatello!

Hey, family & friends!

So the 4th of July was probably one of the most fun days of my mission!  Neighborhood pancake breakfast at one of our Bishop's, climbed a cherry tree and picked a ton in a member's yard, picnic and sports all day with 3 zones of missionaries, got to watch "Frozen," (now I see what all the fuss is about!) with said missionaries, and then we all went to fireworks.  So sore the next day, but so fun!  Then the next day we fasted from our car to save on miles in the mid-90's with no set appointments and not many home.




Needless to say, I'm thoroughly kissed by the sun.  (But don't worry, I told him that wasn't appropriate.) 

Other than that, lately, our area has kind of taken a nose dive as far as how many people we're working with.  Sister Fredrick and I had a good conversation about this though, and I was able to think about similar experiences I've already had on my mission.  These are the refining times where we take constant inventory of ourselves and the way we work.  I developed much more humility, patience, and diligence during these kinds of times than with others, and it's just a way of Heavenly Father stretching and strengthening our faith.  Though we might be putting a, b, and c into the formula, we might not get our expected x, y, and z immediately, or even at all.  But that's not to say we won't get a w, p, or f in there, though we might miss them if we're not looking for them.  There are so many subtle, yet significant blessings that can come from trials, but they so often get overlooked while we're so focused on getting the results we think we need.  I'm grateful for these times to remind me of all the amazing, yet more subtle, blessings I do have.
4.

I hope all of you stay nice and chilly.  We've got mid-90's all week again!  I'll tell the sun to keep off me.  But I do look fabulous.  (Totally kidding.)
Love you all,                                                         
Sister Jacobson

Pics:
This is going to be in two installments
1.  Cherry picking!
2.  Still cherry picking!
3.  Group cherry picking!
4.  Merka.
5.  Zone picture!
6. Fireworks
7. Watching Frozen
8. More Cherry tree!
9. #Called to Share
For those of you who haven't heard of the #Called to Share program on facebook, go there today and join!

No comments:

Post a Comment