Monday, August 5, 2013

Huckleberrying is a verb!

Hello, family & friends!!
 
 This week, I learned that "huckleberrying" is a verb!  And that huckleberries are real berries!  Not just the first name of Mark Twain's brain child.  Who knew?

To answer your question, yes, I'm over the tireds this week!  Still exhausted, always will be on a mission, but not to the point of death.  However, it was an awesome week!

First off, we got to go to the temple!  Have you been to the temple lately?  Go.  It's amazing.

Second off, we got to have Mission President interviews!  It's always a joy to see President and Sister Brinkerhoff, and even more of a joy to spend one-on-one time with them.  

 
Third off, we got to go to Mission Leadership Council this week!  It's always such a spiritual meeting, and it's always so much fun to see missionaries that you got to know earlier in the mission.  The friends you make here you make so quickly and so strongly.  It's always great to reconnect with them!

Fourth off, it was just an awesome week.  Every week is an awesome week!  It's a mission!  The Lord is leading us to so many opportunities to teach and help people and stay busy, despite BYU-I being on break.  He truly hears our prayers and answers them in His own due time.  

Tyler- doing pretty well!  He's been cutting down on the cigarettes a lot more, and he said that since he's been cutting down, they've started to "taste nasty" to him.  Score!  We know that as he cuts down on smoking and drinking, the Spirit of the Lord will be with him more strongly, and that will give him more power to quit!

Kamryn- getting baptized early next week!  Aaaahhh!!  She's so cute and wonderful and we just love her.

Sarah/Sydney- we finally got to meet their dad this week!  They hadn't talked about baptism, yet.... we'll see what the verdict is when we go over next time.

Jake- he came back from vacation!  Woooo!  We had a very spiritual lesson with him, reading the first part of 3 Nephi 11 and then talking about ways the Holy Ghost can speak to us.  He's been reading and praying so diligently to get an answer.  It will come in the Lord's time, but I have a feeling His time is going to be soon!

There's also this little girl named Jaralyn we've been seeing every once in a while the past few weeks. Their family is super busy, so we can't set an appointment with them, but we always drop by when we're in the area, and we've gotten to talk to them a few times.  She has some interest in coming to church with us, but bailed at the last second this week.  It's ok, though; as the Spirit continues to work with her and with us, she will feel that this is the right thing to do.

We also had a gentleman approach us in church and tell us about his wife, who is not a member.  He described some things in the past that have turned her away from the Church, but asked us to come over.   We can tell that great things are going to come!

This week, read the August 2013 Ensign articles about receiving revelation.  I've been learning a lot more about receiving answers in His own time, in His own way, lately.   Just thinking back on when I first built my testimony, it took months, even years of praying and asking to know if this is the true Church.  When I "got my answer," I realized that I had really known all along, and it just took building and building it up to finally open my eyes.  I was hoping for an immediate answer that whole time--and thinking back, I probably did and just didn't notice--but I was looking for something big, bigger than the Lord was willing to let me have.  But now I can testify that this Church IS true.  The Book of Mormon IS the word of God, and if I ever have doubts, I can look back on how much I have come to know my Savior more, and how I have become more like Him in reading these things and abiding by its precepts.  I have been brought to know my Heavenly Father and His Son through the Book of Mormon and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I know it will continue to bring me closer.

I love you all SO much!  Don't ever forget it.
-Sister Jacobson  

Pics:
Our last Driggs exchange!  (They're going to be under a Spanish set of Sister Training Leaders, now.)

Top of the page.  Hello, my name is Sister Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment