Monday, April 28, 2014

I will not let up, give up, or shut up!

Katie's 21st birthday is May 11th! I would love to have her mail box flooded with cards and well wishes from everyone! Her mailing address is on the side bar to the right! Thanks in advance!

Hey, family & friends!

This week was full of miracles again!  Seriously, so blessed!

We found some solid new investigators this week!  Bryson and Tom, father and  son.  hey said they were going to read 50 pages of the Book of Mormon this weekend. Wassup!

Dustin's baptism was so wonderful.  His whole family came to the baptism and part of them came to his confirmation on Sunday!  There was such a special Spirit there, and we know he's going to be a huge light to his family and friends.  He's going to get the Aaronic priesthood soon--he turns 12 this Thursday!

This week, we've been feeling persecuted more and more for righteousness' sake. Though it's only Idaho, and I'm sure we only get a tiny little piece of what anyone anywhere gets, we've been yelled at, chewed out, and scorned for proclaiming the truth.   However, we are the salt of the earth, and if we choose to close our mouths, "wherewith shall the earth be salted? The salt shall be thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men," (3 Nephi 12:13). I will not close my mouth to the truth, "for so persecuted they the prophets who were before [me]," (3 Nephi 12:12).  I know these things to be true, and I will not let up, give up, or shut up until I'm gone out of this world.

I love you all.  Keep the faith.

-Sister Jacobson

Card reader's not working.  I'll send this week's pictures next week.  Sorry!  Love you!

This is a video done by Katie's home mission, the New York Rochester Mission with the quote she ended her letter with. It gives you a flavor for the passion missionaries feel about the work they are doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment