Monday, December 23, 2013

We're in Old Town

Hey, family & friends!  Merry Christmas!  Christmas is the best!

This week has been full of miracles!  Again!  On my very first day in the area, we met Ariel, whom we've met with every single day since and is so willing to learn and be baptized!  She's a single mother of a 13 month-old baby son (so cute!) and has been through a lot of hard things in her life, but has been strong through it all.  This Gospel is exactly what she's been looking for for so long, and the ward members are really embracing her.

Now.  About the area.  We're in "Old Town."  This is the place where we meet people like Simba, an old, black Vietnam vet who told us to beware of the fascist "Jesus-killas" and told me "right on, cousin" when I bore my testimony of how Jesus has saved me (with as much Southern baptist passion as I could muster).  Or like Miguel (we think), a guy passing on the street who sounds like Gwatto from Star Wars.  Or like that one girl who answered the door with no pants on.  We live in as close to ghetto as we can in Idaho, and I love it!  We cover just two wards, and work is pretty slow right now, but we see SO much potential!  Big things are happening here, and they're going to happen soon!

Our two wards are on their own hill, and we don't have a car.  So when we skype, try not to be distracted by my body-builder legs.

Even though I miss Highland, I was hit with this overwhelming wall of family and belonging here.  I'm constantly amazed at how much our Father in Heaven loves us.  He only asks us to keep His commandments, which is THE happiest way to live, and when we do, we get to have even more joy in the life to come!  Things are picking up here as we remain exactly obedient and keep working as hard as we can!

We're out of time, so I'll talk more about things over Skype and in emails next week.  Love you all so much!  Merry Christmas!

Love, Sister Jacobson

Pics:
  Sister McKnight and I are really good at decorating gingerbread men.
Sister Gale!  Cutie pants.  We also share an affinity for nerdy youtube videos.
This is what happens to Sisters after a long day.  (Or this is just what happens to me every day.)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment