Friday, January 11, 2013

This is the blog of a missionary inviting others to come unto Christ.  On January 16th, I'll start my eighteen-month journey to becoming a better instrument in the Lord's hands, teaching and serving as He would have me do.  What a blessing to be able to testify of what has brought me so much unending joy in my life!  The light and joy I feel, and sometimes take for granted, are the reasons I'm leaving "normal" life behind for a year and a half; I want as many others as possible to share in this happiness!  I know that truth is the only way to true happiness, and I know that this Gospel is truth.  The fulness of truth.  And heaven knows that in a world of growing darkness and contention, truth and light need to be shared!

I wish I could fully express my love for this Gospel and for any who happen to stumble upon this blog--I really do love you!  So much!  I promise!  If you know nothing else about me, know that I love you.  And if I, in my limited, dorky, imperfect state can feel this much love for all of you, how much more does your perfect Heavenly Father and His perfect Son, Jesus Christ, love you!  So, how much more you ought to love them, too!  This is the message I share, not just for these 18 months, but for the rest of my existence.

"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, He will manifest the truth of it unto you by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things."  
 (Book of Mormon, Moroni 10: 4-5) 


*Note: This is the only post I personally will update.  The rest will be copied and pasted from my weekly emails home by my parents, since I won't have any other internet access.

2 comments:

  1. I love the name of the blog! Your first post is so YOU--I can hear you and picture you saying those very words! You are an amazing missionary!

    ReplyDelete